Final Federal Regulations – State Authorization
On November 1, 2019 the Department of Education published its final state authorization for distance education regulations in the Federal Register. These rules will go into effect on July 1, 2020. This webcast will give a detailed overview on key provisions contained within the regulations, including the implications to the institution for implementation of the regulations. For this webcast, the focus will be on the final federal regulations pertaining to state authorization, with particular emphasis on:
• The state authorization reciprocity agreement definition;
• The international campus requirements;
• The new language impacting programs leading to professional licensure – regardless of mode of delivery;
• The requirement that institutions determine in which states students are located for the purpose of issuing state-specific disclosures;
• The general and direct disclosures for enrolled and prospective students;
• An explanation and review of early implementation opportunities provided for some provisions.
Please join us for a review and discussion of the new 2019 Federal Regulations. There will be ample time provided for questions and discussion. The webinar date & time: 12/10/2019, Noon - 1:00 pm Mountain time.
Moderator: Marianne Boeke, Ph.D.
Associate Director for Policy Research and State Support, NC-SARA
Presenters: Greg Ferenbach, J.D.
Counsel, Hogan Lovells U.S. LLP
Jeannie Yockey-Fine, J.D.
Associate Director for Regulatory Relations and Policy Support, NC-SARA
This webinar will be recorded and available on the NC-SARA website after the event is complete.