A Note to the NC-SARA Community Regarding COVID-19
NC-SARA wants to ensure that everyone has as much knowledge as possible about COVID-19 (Coronavirus). We encourage you to follow the guidance issued by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/index.html and the World Health Organization (WHO) https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019. We have also included links below to other helpful information posted here with permission from our colleagues at the University Professional and Continuing Education Association (UPCEA), Quality Matters (QM), WICHE Cooperative for Educational Technologies (WCET), and the Online Learning Consortium (OLC):
UPCEA invites our colleagues tomorrow, Thursday, March 5 at 1 pm ET for an informal chat/information sharing session focused on the impact the Coronavirus (COVID-19) may have on campuses. During this session they will discuss:
- Shifting campus-based instruction online
- Travel programs (both to countries with quarantines and those with few or no cases of the virus)
- Residency programs (planning for programs that have historically attracted international students)
- Events and conference services (for PCO professionals that have conference centers or other publicly accessible facilities in their portfolio)
To facilitate this discussion UPCEA has curated a list of resources relevant to the Coronavirus (COVID-19).
Due to the rapidly developing conditions, a few things to keep in mind:
- This session will not be recorded to allow for candid conversations. Further, information may become outdated quickly.
- Due to the speed in which this is being organized and the limited resources available please contact Julie Uranis (email@example.com) before 10am ET on 3/5 if you require any accommodations to attend the session. Otherwise, this session will not be live captioned and materials will be made available after the session.
- Our colleagues at other associations are making other resources and events available:
- (WCET) 1:1 Interviews
- Gerrit .T Bakker, Senior Director, Public Health Preparedness, Association of State and Territorial Health Officials. Gerrit and Megan Raymond discuss general preparedness, current progression and warnings across the United States, and strategies for messaging students, staff, and faculty.
- Pat James, a consultant and @ONE Course Facilitator who has vast experience dealing with continued instruction during natural disasters and emergencies. Pat and Megan Raymond talk about moving courses online, financial implications, and compliance concerns
- (OLC) Making the Shift to Online Learning: Emergency Preparedness & Instructional Continuity – March 6, 2020 at 1-2pm ET
- OLC) Using Live, Online Sessions to Support Continuity of Instruction – March 9, 2010 at 2-3pm ET
- (WCET) 1:1 Interviews
Please also see this Coronavirus (COVID-19) Response from OLC, QM, UPCEA, and WCET.
Lori Williams, Ph.D.
National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements
March 4, 2020