Your One-Stop Shop for Required Annual Data Reporting
2023 Data Reporting Dates
The 2023 timeframe to report Fall 2022 exclusively distance education enrollments and calendar year 2022 out-of-state learning placements will be May 15, 2023 through June 15, 2023.
2023 Must-Have Data Reporting Resources for SARA-Participating Institutions
- NC-SARA Data Reporting Handbook for Institutions (2023): The Data Reporting Handbook provides all the information and requirements for data reporting. It is updated annually.
- Sample Placement (OOSLP) Reporting Matrix: This resource is a spreadsheet to assist institutions in the collection of their OOSLP data in preparation for reporting. This Microsoft Excel spreadsheet is updated annually.
- 2023 Data Sharing Agreement: The NC-SARA Data Sharing Agreement provides a framework that allows the exchange of specified data and clarifies how data will be submitted and used. It is updated annually to reflect any changes in the data reporting requirements. The CEO or CAO of participating institutions confirms adherence with this agreement at the time of initial institution application and annual renewal of participation in SARA.
- How-To Technical Assistance Videos for 2023 Data Reporting
- NC-SARA's Annual Data Reporting Webinar for Institutions for 2023
Additional Resources for Learning About Data Reporting Requirements & Effective Practices
- NC-SARA Data Reporting Fact Sheet: This fact sheet provides institutional personnel a high-level summary of required data reporting for institutions participating in the State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements (SARA).
- SARA Quick Start Guide: Annual Data Reporting: This Quick Start Guide answers the question: What are the annual data reporting requirements for SARA-participating institutions?
- Foundations of NC-SARA Annual Data Reporting Online Course (free and open to all, available in the SARA Learning Station): In this course, participants will learn about NC-SARA's annual data reporting that SARA-participating institutions complete, including why SARA policy requires annual data reporting, what data are reported and when, and how the data are analyzed and shared. In addition, the course addresses how the data may be used, and provides suggestions for coordinating annual data reporting activities for your institution. This course may be helpful as an introduction to the NC-SARA Data Reporting Handbook
- Data Reporting: Out-of-State Learning Placements Webinar: Slides and recording of the webinar offered on December 1, 2022 for SARA-participating institutions to learn effective strategies for managing, collecting, and reporting Out-of-State Learning Placement data.