Webinar - 11/12/19: Summary of the NC-SARA October 2019 Board Meeting
The NC-SARA Board met October 29-30, 2019 at the Capital Hilton in Washington, D.C. The Board elected new board members, committee members, and officers. In addition, the Board adopted several modifications to the SARA Manual, one modification to the NC-SARA Bylaws, and reviewed SARA institution participation fees. The following modifications were acted upon:
• Modification of the NC-SARA Bylaws (substitute the word “Board” where the NC-SARA Board is referenced and keep “Council” for the NC-SARA organization).
• States will now be able to determine consequences for institutional failure to report enrollment data.
• Added statement on institution’s eligibility to participate in SARA following a change in ownership.
• Continued alignment with the new Federal Regulation language with the SARA Manual language on the use of the word “located” versus “resides.”
• Affirmed state responsibility for confirming federal financial composite scores to determine an institution’s eligibility to participate in SARA.
• Added statement to clarify the relationship between the Unified Agreement and the SARA Manual to confirm the SARA Manual as current policy document.
Please join us for an in-depth discussion of the actions of the October 2019 NC-SARA Board Meeting, the proposed timeline for implementation of modifications, and when the next version of the SARA Manual will be available.
Date: November 12, 2019
Time: 3pm Eastern time; 2pm Central time; 1pm Mountain time; Noon Pacific time; 11am Alaska; 9am Hawaii
Who: This webcast is free and open to all - but registration is required
Platform: NC-SARA webcasts take place via Zoom platform.
Moderator: Marianne Boeke, Associate Director for Policy Research and State Support
- Lori Williams, President and Chief Executive Officer, NC-SARA
- Rachael Stachowiak, Associate Director of N-SARA, NEBHE
- Christina Sedney, Director of Policy Initiatives and W-SARA, WICHE
- Emily Jacobson, Associate Director of M-SARA, MHEC
- Wanda Barker, Director, Education Technology and Multistate Cooperative Programs, SREB
This webinar will be recorded and available on the NC-SARA website after the event is complete.