21st Century Guidelines for Distance Education: An Overview & Update
Date: June 29, 2021 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM (Mountain Time)
Who: This webinar is free and open to all. Registration is required.
Time: 3pm Eastern, 2pm Central, 1pm Mountain, 12pm Pacific, 11am Alaska, 9am Hawaii
Platform: NC-SARA webinars take place via Zoom
This webinar will provide an overview of the development of and information about the 21st Century Guidelines for Distance Education for accreditors, which have replaced the 2011 C-RAC Interregional Guidelines for the Evaluation of Distance Education. Presenters will discuss:
- The important role the 2011 C-RAC Guidelines have played in SARA's student consumer protections and state authorization reciprocity policies.
- The NC-SARA-commissioned project, completed by NCHEMS, which resulted in the new 21st Century Guidelines for accreditors.
- How SARA-participating institutions and SARA member states reference and use the Guidelines in their SARA work.
- NC-SARA's proposed next steps for adoption and implementation, which will go to the NC-SARA Board in October 2021.
- How some accreditors may be adopting and using these guidelines in their various accreditation processes.
- Lori Williams, President and CEO, NC-SARA
- Sally Johnstone, President, NCHEMS
- Barbara Brittingham, President Emeritus, NECHE
- Laurie Dodge, Vice Chancellor of Institutional Assessment and Planning, Brandman University, Participant in 21st Century Guidelines development, NC-SARA Board Member
- Leroy Wade, Deputy Commissioner, Missouri Department of Higher Education and Workforce Development; SARA State Portal Entity; NC-SARA Board Member
- Jeannie Yockey-Fine, General Counsel, NC-SARA
- Melanie Booth, Director of Educational Programs and Communications, NC-SARA